Bird Control & Removal: Nest Management Services
Birds nesting on commercial properties is a common occurrence and can range from just a few nests to hundreds of nests. Nesting birds can cause a variety of issues to property managers that include unsightly droppings on walls or signage, nesting debris covering building or retail signage and aggressive birds “dive bombing” anyone that comes near their nesting areas causing great harm or fear from the conflict. Unfortunately, permanent bird deterrent and exclusion systems, such as bird spikes and bird netting, are not always the right solution for a unique bird nesting situation. These reasons range from budgetary issues, to building design problems, or cosmetic related challenges. In these cases, our structural bird control team will assess the situation and may recommend a regular nest removal program. These programs are considered maintenance programs and they can be both effective at deterring bird nesting and provide a lower cost option.
Pest Bird Nest Removal Services
- An onsite assessment to identify the bird specie(s) present, their behavior, and to understand the conditions causing birds to nest on the property.
- Regular nest removal visits to remove nests and cleanup debris before eggs are present in nests.
- Visits range from weekly, to bi-weekly, to monthly, depending on need.
- If eggs are present, then we must wait until the birds have hatched out and leave the nest before nest removal can take place.
- No special permits are required to complete this work, unless the bird species is determined to involve geese or gulls.
What You Can Expect from Our Service
We understand that each property having problems with nesting pest birds (pigeons, sparrows, swallows, etc.) will experience issues unique to that property. For that reason, we complete a full evaluation and develop a plan that specifically addresses your conflicts. Once we determine the size and scope of the nesting population on your property, we will create a nest removal plan that will include visiting your site at the appropriate time for the given species.
It’s important to note that timing is everything when requesting and performing this service because if eggs are present in the nests, then we are unable to remove them until the birds have left the nest. Please contact us immediately if you believe you may have a pest bird nesting problem at your property so we can begin work as soon as possible
Common Areas Pest Bird Nesting Is Found
- On and in retail signage
- Under canopies and overhangs
- Parking garage ledges
- Parking garage pipe-chases
- Open cavities of any kinds on the property
- Industrial building entrances in corners
Issues Caused by Pigeons & Other Pest Birds
- Health & human safety conflicts
- Structural damage to walls, roof, facade, or canopies
- Unsanitary droppings that can become toxic
- Population growth
- Increased maintenance costs from window and facade cleaning